We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us. When you register to use myDooT or submit a complaint using our service, you give us personal information and information about your case. You can do this via our website localhost , on the myDooT apps, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, our apps, other social media functions on our site, create a case, and when you get in touch with our customer service team, for example via the Help Centre.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address phone number, and information you provide as part of your case.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site or use our apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties (including sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, and advertising networks) and may receive information about you from them. In such case or in case we acquire your information through public record, the same shall not be construed by us to be your private information.
- Name, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical address, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank account numbers.
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account), billing and other information you provide to purchase an item.
- Personal information you provide to us through correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites.
- Additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity).
- Information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Non-Personal Information: myDooT may collect non-personal information as you use myDooT. When you use the site, myDooT, third-party service providers (e.g. Google Analytics), and partners may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address. We may combine some Non-Personal Information with the Personal Information we collect. Where we do so, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information if the resulting combination may be used to readily identify or locate you in the same manner as Personal Information alone.
We use hosting provider services, therefore your information may be transferred to and stored on servers in various locations both in and outside of India. myDooT maintains control of your information. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information accessauthorisation controls.
When you use the myDooT site, we may request certain information. myDooT does not share any of your personally identifiable or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personally identifiable information or other transactional data except for approximate location / geo-location information when you use the Local jobs service and those with whom you have transactions and share that information. The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web site, used to notify consumers about updates to our web site and for communications, such as customer service.We only process your data when we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful reason we use to process your personal data may differ for each processing activity.
The personal information that we collect so that we can provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, is processed under Legitimate Interest. This means that it is in the interests of both the data subject (yourself) and myDooT to process the data, i.e. so that your case can be raised and resolved. We have conducted a balancing test to ensure that myDooT’s interests do not outweigh those of the data subject.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non- affiliated companies for marketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission. We may use and share Non-Personal Information for our marketing purposes, including, without limitation, marketing on other websites.
All direct marketing communications will require your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOR INFORMATION:
We may share your personal information with any member of our group entity(ies).
We will disclose the information you provide (including personal information), to the organisation / organisation that will deal with your complaint. We may also pass this information to the associated regulator / ombudsman.
The organisation / organisation that will deal with your complaint may need to verify your identity. This could include using information from a credit reference agency, which may involve credit reference agencies checking the details supplied against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. These searches should not affect your credit rating or ability to obtain future credit and are generally automatically removed after 12 months. myDooT does not have any control over any identity verification process that a provider may choose to use and will not be responsible for any consequences from the same.
In some situations a organisation/organisation may offer services that are managed by another organisation. In these situations we will send the case to the organisation / organisation most appropriate to manage your case.
By submitting personal information on our site, you consent to us using aggregated anonymised data to monitor the effectiveness of specific companies’ complaints resolution processes. We may pass this information to these specific companies and members of the Consumer Protection Partnership in order to allow them to evaluate their complaints handling performance.
We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information upon a business transition; At the sale or transfer of myDooT and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of India.
We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent
We keep your personal information in line with our data retention policy and applicable laws, and will only retain it for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it.
In certain circumstances we have a statutory obligation to keep your personal information for a set period of time for example financial information (normally 6-7 years) for financial auditing purposes. If you require more information about our data retention policy then please contact us via the Help Centre. We may share aggregate data with advertisers and other third parties. myDooT uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer and transaction data exchanged with our site. We will use the information provided by you: - To facilitate the resolution of your case
- To provide you with information, products and services that you request from us
- To send you our regular newsletter, other news, surveys and other important things from myDooT if you opt to receive this.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We will use information we collect about you:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To help businesses to prioritise and manage cases
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or devices
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- In working with analytics and search engine providers to improve our site
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive)
We may use the following Google Analytics features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Marketing Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- You may opt-out of the Google Analytics features we use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or via the browser extension. You can also update your information through your account profile settings. You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us through 'Contact Us'.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must consult and ask your parent or guardian for permission to use myDooT website/s or app/s.
If you want to complain to myDooT then please write an email to our grievance officer through 'Contact Us', and we shall make our best efforts to resolve your issue asap.